PHILADELPHIA>> Faith Christian flew out to a 25-8 first quarter lead and never looked back, cruising over top-seeded Sankofa Freedom 49-35 Tuesday evening.
Archive | Sports Articles RSS feed for this section
WARMINSTER>> Pennridge and North Penn are synonymous with wrestling success in the Suburban One League, no matter the conference. Both teams solidified that claim at Saturday’s SOL Continental Championships.
WARRINGTON>> The Central Bucks South girls basketball team starts three seniors who total nine years in the Titans program. With that comes experience, leadership, and a “yes coach” attitude throughout the team.
WHITEMARSH >> Even the best teams in the Suburban One League American Conference don’t always come out firing on all cylinders every night. The undefeated Plymouth Whitemarsh girls basketball team fell victim to that Tuesday night against Cheltenham.
HORSHAM >> It wasn’t pretty for Hatboro-Horsham Tuesday night, but when you’re the 24-seed in District 1-6A you’ll take a win any way you can get it.
TOWAMENCIN >> The North Penn boys basketball team ran away and hid from Central Bucks West in the second half to register a 57-44 win and take control of the Suburban One League Continental Conference.
Defense is the catalyst to all good things for the Cheltenham boys basketball team. Head coach John Timms just wishes he didn’t have to remind his team of that fact so often.
ABINGTON >> Despite being the hosts, it had been a while since Abington Friends won the Coaches vs. Cancer Invitational. That’s what makes a win all the better.
ABINGTON >> There are a lot of ways to win a basketball game. A fast start is a sure-fire one, and that’s exactly what the Abington Friends girls’ team did Thursday night. The Kangaroos jumped out to a 20-point lead in the first quarter and never looked back to win their own Coaches vs. Cancer Invitational 61-45 against Lower Moreland.
TOWAMENCIN >> One of the things that makes sports the best reality show on the planet is the big swing. One moment your favorite team is down, the next they’re celebrating victory, and the opposing team doesn’t know what hit them.
Ryan Cody had a chance to provide that moment for the North Penn wrestling team Wednesday night.
Let’s Connect Online
About Steve Richards
First and foremost, I love anything Philly sports; that includes the Phillies, Sixers, Eagles, Flyers and Union (that’s a soccer team). I’m also a fan of the English Premier League squad Manchester City. In the college ranks, I follow the football, basketball and baseball teams of both Penn State and the University of Texas.
I'm also happy to talk about anything pop culture; movies, TV, music, etc.
Currently, I'm a project manager for a company called Project Life Mastery. It's a company whose ultimate purpose is to grow, give, and support people in reaching their ultimate goals in life. We have a lot of fun while also being productive and helping people. Check us out when you have a chance.
As a writer I'm a freelance reporter for my local newspaper, The Reporter, and PaPrepLive.com. I cover a variety of high school sports on those platforms. I also write a variety of pop culture content for an awesome site called Pure Fandom.
I'm also a co-host of the Prime Time Fantasy Football and Showcast podcasts on Next Level Radio. You can check them out right here
- Roaring first quarter sends Faith Christian to District 1/12-A final February 28, 2017
- Pennridge, North Penn Highlight SOL Continental Wrestling Championships February 18, 2017
- Legion 1×02 recap: 4 questions that better get answered February 16, 2017
- Legion series premiere recap: 5 reasons to check yourself in and watch February 9, 2017
- CB South honors seniors with win over Souderton February 7, 2017
- Prime Time Fantasy Football - Week 12 Preview: […] guest this week, but that’s probab...
- Margaret Graziano: i did not participate in MITT, I did however parti...
- Prime Time Fantasy Football - Week 10 Preview: […] Week 10. Here’s hoping you survive...
- Prime Time Fantasy Football - Week 1 Preview: […] kick off our first show without any divi...
- Prime Time Fantasy Football - NFC East Spotlight: […] about time we not only close out our NFC...